Bridget Sullivan Mermel
(CFP®, CPA, MA)
This advisor specializes in the following areas of expertise:
- Helping Clients Identify & Achieve Goals
- Investment Advice without Ongoing Management
- Ongoing Investment Management
- Retirement Plan Investment Advice
- Retirement Planning & Distribution Rules
- Socially Responsible Investments
I work with a wide variety of people, but especially enjoy financial planning for people who are:
- Women managers and executives;
- Interested in Socially Responsible Investing without giving up returns;
I also work with people during major life transitions such as:
- Planning for semi-retirement and retirement;
- Losing a loved-one;
- Receiving a large gift or inheritance.
My services are unique among NAPFA members because I offer both one-time Financial Strategy Sessions, and comprehensive annual retainers.
I have worked in the financial industry for over 25 years, from working in high-profile litigation, to the back office of a derivatives house, to being a manager and district manager at Starbucks way back when they first opened in Chicago.
In 1997 I started a tax practice, and transitioned to full financial planning in 2008.
I've got a BBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as well as a MA from DePaul University. I am a Certified Public Accountant, or CPA as well as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP(R)).
NAPFA Start Date
July 01, 2008
Industry Start Date
March 01, 1997